Swing by and see what all the racquet is about…
The East County Community Tennis Association (ECCTA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes the enjoyment and participation of recreational tennis for beginner to advanced players. The association seeks to educate, encourage, and foster youth as well as adult development in the sport. The ECCTA provides player lists, organizes leagues and tournaments, supports an instructional program, assists in the maintenance of facilities, and provides fun social activities for families in east county San Diego. We are located in the heart of La Mesa and affiliated with Helix Charter High School.
Save the Date: ECCTA’s Annual TennisFest
Saturday, May 7 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Introducing $90,000 in improvements making Helix Charter High’s Tennis Center the region’s Greenest, All-LED Tennis Courts!
Join County Supervisor Dianne Jacob, the East County Chamber of Commerce and corporate partners like Postal Annex+, @Spacebar Cafe & Wine Bistro for the ribbon cutting!
9:00 am: Registration
10:00 am: Ribbon Cutting Unveiling $90,000 in court resurfacing/lighting improvements. VIP Remarks and Proclamation, County Supervisor Dianne Jacob
10:30 am to 1:00 pm: Free family fun! Tennis drills, clinics for folks of all ages/fitness levels with ECCTA’s teaching pros: serving drills, serving speeds, doubles play, singles challenge courts, music, refreshments, FREE FAMILY FRIDAYS registration & more!
1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Music, refreshments, clinic registration; talk tennis with our teaching pros!
The first 30 registrants get a free stainless steel ECCTA water bottle.
FREE youth racquets to the first 30 families to sign up for FREE Family Fridays.
Bring friends, family…and swing on by to check out our newly refurbished courts, sign up for free group clinics and enjoy a Saturday teeming with good tennis fun!
Here are the upcoming tournaments for 2016. Please let Tamara know if you have any questions or concerns!
• April 8th-10th- 1st Annual Suja Tennis Classic * In Memory of Taquio Redondo* $$$ Prize Money Tournament! Sign up here!
• May 13-15th- Ronnie Redondo Memorial Jr Satellite Tournament
• June 10th-12th – 2nd Annual ECCTA Summer Swing Jr. Satellite
• July 16th- La Mesa Summer Jr. Novice
• August 12th-15th – 2nd Annual Ben Press Junior Open Tournament (Level 5)
• September 10th-12th – 2nd Annual Martha Redondo Memorial Satellite
• October 21st-23rd – 2nd Annual ECCTA Halloween Jr. Satellite
• November 20th – La Mesa Thanksgiving Novice
• December 17-19 – 2nd Annual Jingle Bell Rock Satellite Tournament
Hello ECCTA Members and local tennis players!
Here are a few upcoming tournaments for the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016!
November 22nd- La Mesa Thanksgiving Novice Level 7 Tournament
November 27th-29th – La Mesa Thanksgiving Satellite Level 6 Tournament
December 21st-23rd – 1st Annual Jingle Bell Rock Satellite Level 6 Tournament
January 9th-10th & 16th-17th- 2nd Annual Mamita Custado Jr. Open Level 5
Remember if you are a challenge court player, the courts will be open for you 8am-11:15am. If you are having a lesson or playing in Chai’s Saturday morning clinic, courts are also reserved for you. Public use for courts will be held off until late afternoon. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We hope you will sign your juniors up for our tournaments and we look forward to seeing you!
Happy Summer from ECCTA!
Look around our website as many pages have been updated from tournaments to event calendars and on!
ECCTA has resurfaced 6 of their courts with help from the Greater San Diego City Tennis Council, Helix High School and ECCTA members. We are in the process of getting LED lights and resurfacing more courts with the help of sponsors and grants. This is all very exciting for our club!
Have you checked out the plant box in front of the club? Or our tennis mural on the side of the trailer painted by Helix High Alumni Ismayel? Things are brightening up each and every day!
We have added tons of tournaments this year and have had 5 this year. Our next one is in September in honor of Martha Redondo, the mother of Walter, Tammy, Marita, Shelly, Skip, Leslie, Gina, and Rose Redondo.
Need a scholarship for your junior to join our clinics? Email email@example.com for an application.
Stay tuned for more information on our upcoming Tennis Fest in early November.
We are happy to announce that our club, East County Community Tennis Association, has been voted as “2015 Club of the Year” by the San Diego District Tennis Association. Our ECCTA team received their award at the wonderful 2015 SDDTA Award’s Banquet on January 16th, 2015 at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club. We are so thankful for this award and can’t wait to keep our club growing!
Time lapse of the court activities and ECCTA programs during a typical fall week. Tips you’ll discover in the video:
1) With twelve courts, almost always a court available during the day (weekdays and weekends included)
2) Eight of the twelve courts have lights. Evening players will find courts packed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and some Fridays. Tuesday and Thursday evenings are easy to get courts.
3) The backboard is a great place to warm-up before your partner arrives or to practice in secret without your rivals knowing how much you’ve improved
4) 6 courts have blended 10 and under lines (courts 3&4, 7&8, 11&12)
5) Ample parking is available
6) Group clinics offered for adults and children of all skill levels. Private and semi-private lessons are also available at flexible times to fit your busy schedule (just ask your favorite instructor) » read more